Monday 13 May 2019

Biscay meal service...

...onboard Jennifer. Somehow I ended up in her galley as master chef and meal coordinator. All crew members seems to appreciate my roller coaster cooking efforts, sometimes at a 20° angle. In order to keep my balance I work barefoot. A wet towel on the counter top helps to keep food and plates from taking off when Jennifer starts dancing.  My cabin mate Tore assists me in the kitchen.

Due to our missed stop over in Spain we have to make full use of what is available onboard for six days without shops at sea - fantasy & creativity are
key words. A well fed crew is a happy crew!

For those interested, here are samples of hot meals prepared by me and served on our Bay of Biscay leg:

May 9:  Ministrone a la Biscay served with hot garlic bread 
May 10: Pasta a la Biscay with Staffans secret tomato based sauce
May 11: Today's soup a la Biscay, mushroom soup fortified with Portuguese vegetables 
May 12: Potato gratine and salad by Tore and tuna fish gratine by Staffan
May 13: Swedish style "Pytt i Panna"
For all dishes: Staffan's secret spice mix.


1 comment:

  1. I know you are very creative in cooking too. (๑´ڡ`๑)

    ReplyDelete