Tuesday 21 May 2019

Private sailing lessons by Tore

Onboard Jennifer I am the number one novice sailor! All my fellow crew mates have long experience of sailing and boating. Luckily for me I am having Tore as my watch partner and he is happy to teach me the basics of sailing. Every three hours of active duty together with him is lika a learning lesson for me!

Tore has been on and around sailing boats all his life. He has been sailing with friends and family in both the Mediterranean and in the Caribbean in rented boats in various sizes; Beneteau, Bavaria and Elan.

Starting from the Swedish West coast he has made several trips in a small Monark 540 owned by a friend of his, often to Denmark. In 1983 Tore made one of his favourite trips, when he sailed from Sweden to the Orkney Islands together with three friends from the Swedish police force. The type of boat used for this trip was a Swedish designed and built Laurin 32, LOA: 32,18 ft/9.81 m.

Tore is, with all his sailing experience, a perfect teacher for Staffan, the green sailor in yellow!



No comments:

Post a Comment