Wednesday 5 June 2019

Stockholm - our final destination!

At noon time yesterday, on June 4th, Jennifer and her happy crew entered Stockholm's inner harbour in order to reach our final destination,  Wasahamnen Marina.  It is the city's most central guest harbour with a capacity of 174 boats. The marina is located next to the world famous Wasa museum, Stockholm's number one tourist attraction.

Stockholm (pop. 966.000) was founded 1252 but construction started already 1187. The population of the greater Stockholm area is approx. 1.600.00 inhabitants.

At the marina I was welcomed warmly by my wife Akane, my daughter Priscilla and my granddaughter Isolde - a very happy reunion! After introducing them to my fellow crew mates I could show them Jennifer's inside, including a peek into the galley and our living quarters for the past five weeks. Later they got a chance to sample mine and Tore's cooking when we all sat down for a leftover lunch. After "fika" (coffee & cinnamon bun) it was time for me to clean my toilet and cabin before saying good bye to Jennifer, Cpt. Lasse and to my fellow crew mates.





No comments:

Post a Comment